Eversend Ltd ,`Remit`, is serious about protecting your privacy. This Privacy Promise (“Policy”) covers how Useremit collects and uses the personal information you provide on our website and in conjunction with any of the services hosted at https://useremit.com/ (“Service” and “Website”), including money transfer services accessed by any internet enabled device. It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal information and how you can access and update this information.
The Policy was last updated on August 21, 2012.
This Policy explains what personal information we collect about you, with whom we share it, and how you can elect in certain situations to not share information with third parties. “Personal Information” refers to information such as name and email that can be used to identify you individually.
We may amend this Policy at any time, and whenever we do so we will notify you by posting a revised version on the Website. If, however, we plan to make a material change in the way we collect, use or store your personal information, we will provide prior notice on our website, and by email. You will then have the chance to decide whether or not we will use or disclose your information in that new manner, whether though an “opt-out” procedure or by ending your relationship with us.. Such changes will become effective, at the earliest, 30 days after the date of the email notifications.
We ask that minors refrain from using our Service or submitting any personal information to us. Minors (those under the age of 18 years) are not eligible to use our Service.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this Policy, you should contact us.
Information We Collect
We will collect the following information about you, which may include non-public personal information:
- Information you give us in the course of using the Service, such as your name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number. We may also collect certain sensitive information from you, such as your bank account number, credit card number, date of birth and all or part of your social security number.
- Third party personal information you provide in order for us to facilitate funds transfers, such as your recipient's full name, physical address, email address, and phone number. However, we will not contact your recipients except as instructed by you or as required to complete a transaction.
- Information about your usage of the Service, including your transaction history, and how and to whom you use the Service to send or receive money;
- Information that we lawfully obtain from third parties, such as identity verification services, electronic database services, and credit reporting agencies;
- Information that we indirectly obtain from you, such as information about the hardware and software you use when accessing the Service, your IP address, and the pages you access on this website, and other websites that you visit prior to accessing the Service.
We may also use “cookies” to track your use of the Website. A cookie is a small data file that we may place on your computer to identify you when you return to the Website. You are free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, but doing so may interfere with your use of the Service. The information we store in the cookie is not Personal Information but a number that we generate and could not be used to lookup a user's Personal Information without certain of our proprietary software.
Our Web pages contain electronic images known as Web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs) and are used along with cookies to compile aggregated statistics to analyze how our site is used and may be used in some of our emails to let us know which emails and links have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our customer communications and marketing campaigns.
You can log in to our site using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect or an Open ID provider. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign up form. Services like Facebook Connect give you the option to post information about your activities on this Web site to your profile page to share with others within your network.
Why We Collect Information
We collect Personal and Non-Personal information for the following purposes:
- To process your transactions.
- To verify your identity.
- To collect payment for your use of the Service.
- To troubleshoot problems with the Service.
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations, such as those relating to “know-your-customer,” and anti-money laundering requirements.
- To detect and prevent fraud and other illegal uses of the Service.
- To send you marketing notices, service updates, and promotional offers
- To collect survey information that will be used to monitor or improve the use of our Service and overall customer satisfaction.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you Service. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you Service contact customer service. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
How We Share Information With Others
We do not sell or rent the information we collect to third parties for their promotional purposes. Nevertheless, we may share information about you (including nonpublic, personal information) with:
- Third-party service providers under contract with Useremit that help us with our business operations, such as transaction processing, fraud prevention, and marketing . These third parties are prohibited from using your information for their own separate business purposes. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- In the event of the sale, acquisition or merger of some or all of our assets, your personal information might be a part of the transferred assets. We shall notify you in the event of such an occurrence, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information, by placing a notice on our website.
- Law enforcement, government officials or other third parties, but only
- in connection with a formal request, subpoena, court order, or similar legal procedure; and,
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to comply with the law, prevent physical harm or financial loss, report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of our User Agreement.
Access To Your Information
You can access, modify, delete or update your personal information submitted on our Website by logging into your account and changing your preferences.
We employ industry accepted standards in protecting the information you submit to us on our Website. We have put in place SSL [Secure Socket Layer] encryption technology to protect your sensitive information transmitted through our Website. We also require a username and password from each user who wants to access their information on our Website. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Choices You Can Make About Our Use Of Your Information
Federal and state laws allow you to restrict the sharing of your personal information in certain instances. However, these laws also state that you cannot restrict all types of sharing. Because we have chosen to refrain from certain types of data sharing, the only type of sharing of your personal information that you may restrict is as follows:
- You may opt-out from promotional emails to you by accessing your email preferences or selecting the “Unsubscribe” function present in each email we send you.
Links to 3rd Party Sites
If you have a complaint, contact Useremit Customer Service, on-line ; by phone +256783877133; or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can contact us with any questions or concerns at:
Email: Customer Service